Coroner identifies teen killed after striking tree in Colleton Co. | News
COLLETON COUNTY, SC (WCSC)- The Colleton County Coroner's Office has identified the teen killed Monday night after authorities say he ran off a road and hit a tree.
Coroner Richard Harvey said 18-year-old Jason Myers, of Ruffin, was killed in the crash.
According to South Carolina Highway Patrol, the wreck happened in Lodge, on Confederate Highway, or Highway 641, around 6:30 p.m.
Troopers say the driver ran off the road, overcorrected, and then ran off the other side of the road before striking a tree.
Harvey said Myers died from multiple traumatic injuries. The wreck is still under investigation.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Colleton County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trio arrested after deputies discover meth lab in Berkeley Co.
- Moncks Corner rape victim files suit against bond companies
- Berkeley Co. School District to host 'Stuff the Bus Golf Tournament'
- Police serving robbery warrants find drugs, rifle at Moncks Corner home
- Tornado warning issued for portions of Berkeley County